Sunday 12 June 2016

Day 8 - The Cheese and Meat Success

Day 8

After spending a lovely morning/ afternoon watching Come Dine with Me, with my sister and our partners I decided to set out in search of the farm shop I had been told about by a friend of mine.

As we pulled up to the shop I could see it was huge, with a garden centre and cafe attached to the side, which is always a good sign! I noticed that they had an extensive loose frozen food range, pastries again, frozen berries, chips, mushrooms, diced vegetables, fish cakes etc. It was incredible! Unfortunately I did not bring enough boxes with me to buy everything I wanted, but I will certainly go prepared next time.
I also noticed they had a fish counter and a meat counter (unfortunately we got there a bit late in the day and they were cleaning down the fish counter, so I opted to buy some meat instead.
I sheepishly asked the meat counter guy if I could take it in my own container - explaining to him how I'm not using plastic at the moment and he was fine with it. I gave him the container and he weighed it all out for me. How nice! He even didn't mind having his photo taken of him weighing out my sausages either. Brilliant! I bought bacon and sausages, and I have earmarked all of them for each meal I am going to have. Starting tonight with toad in the hole mmmm.





























I also nabbed a few other goodies whilst there including some sweet apple juice, strawberry and kiwi cider (!), multiseed fresh bread and some goats cheese (that the lady allowed me to put in a paper bag instead of cling film - yay!). I also picked up some potatoes, cabbage, tomatoes, more broad beans and cherry tomatoes. The shop was great, and even though there was a lot wrapped in plastic, most of the fresh and frozen produce was not, so that made me happy.



I also noticed this in the shop - it's a place to bottle your own oil and vinegar with a great selection to choose from - things like raspberry vinegar, balsamic vinegar, ginger oil, garlic oil, basil oil etc. They also had a keg of cider sitting on the side, so that you could refill your own bottles with cider too! Genius! It reminded me that I remember a shop in  Windsor (from when I used to work over that way) called Vom Fass that do refills on all sorts of alcohols (spirits, wine, cider etc) and also had the oils/ vinegar too. So that's something i'll be looking up.

Anyhow, that was may day, so until tomorrow!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment