Tuesday 28 June 2016

Day 20 - Convenience Food and Sweet Potato Fries

Day 20

One of the things that has been getting to me is the sheer idea of convenience food, without having to pre-plan anything or make it yourself. It's annoying really that we have become so reliant on food that we can just grab from a shop without any effort into its making what-so-ever. I love that though, which is the annoying thing. Some things i'm hugely missing out on are chocolate, crisps, crackers, biscuits, sweets, yoghurts, cheese, drinks etc. A lot of these you can get alternatives for, but these are in very specific shops, or even online places, and not somewhere you can just grab and go.

I'd like to think I would keep not using a lot of these products after this experiment, however will power can waiver and my stomach may win over my morals. It's just a shame more companies can't supply more products that aren't draped in plastic.

One thing that is pretty easy to make however is sweet potato fries. I love sweet potato in most forms, and as fries they are delicious! I love wedges as well, but the fries are a favourite of mine. Now the only thing about these is having to cut them up, but my friend has a clever little machine specifically for cutting out fries/chips from potatoes, so I've asked her if i can borrow it to make a decent batch of both normal and sweet potatoes so  I can freeze them for quicker use when i come in knackered from work. It's all in the preparation. If you think about it, a few potatoes are much cheaper than a bag of chips, so if you have some time, or one of these machines, then this will help save some time when you're in a hurry. Easy peasy.



Anyhow, until next time.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment