Monday 20 June 2016

Day 15 - Train Travel and Hangovers

Day 15 

Okay, so I have to admit, after Saturday night I wasn't in the best shape in anyway. It had been a long long night, with just a few drinks (lies) and I was feeling very much worse for wear with a long journey from Barnsley back to London ahead of me. I had some food in the morning/ afternoon when I woke up and some tea, and I thought that I would be set. On the way back on the train however I learnt we had a 50 minute stop over at Sheffield station, which only led to exacerbate the situation (what does exacerbate mean? It means to make things worse! - apologies for my rubbish film references lol). By this point I was very tired, very hungry (since I get very hungry on a hangover day) so i decided we'd look for some food. The only thing available to us was a Pumpkin Cafe inside the station, and guess what? - Yes all was covered in plastic. Being in a bad way I did make the executive decision to put my overall well being first and buy some food to keep me going on the journey.. So i bought a sandwich, crisps, a tea and a muffin (the muffin was the only thing not in plastic). So i do feel bad about this, but I wouldn't have made it home in one piece without some food, and unfortunately the challenge did suffer that afternoon. I apologise, but at least I was honest.. I wanted to show the ups and downs of this challenge and this was certainly a down moment.


So the other side to being hungover is obviously painkillers.. I have used painkillers today and over the last fews days for my wisdom tooth pain too, so this is something i'm struggling with too. I don't hold out much hope to find any painkillers that aren't in plastic, but I will keep looking for alternatives. It's frustrating, but I figure in the medical world that plastic is coupled with cleanliness/sterilisation. I imagine you could potentially use the vegetable fibre type packaging for this, but i'm not certain it would take in case any medication were compromised because of it. So again, apologies, but today is kinda helping show the realism of the whole mission I have on my hands.

Anyways, until tomorrow!

Thanks for reading :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment