Saturday 2 July 2016

Day 26 - Make-up and Plastic tags

Day 26

I'm not the kind of person to use a lot of make up, I've always had issues trying to use anything like foundation or anything on my face, where it just goes oily or too dry and it just looks awful. So all I actually use is liquid eyeliner and mascara (and I don't use these all the time, especially when having to go to work). But pretty much all make up these days seems to come in plastic and I don't think there a 100% way of getting around that unfortunately. Jumping on the Lush bandwagon again, I do know that they will recycle their tops to their liquid eyeliners, which leaves the glass bottom able to be recycled in your home recycling.  They also do eye shadow blocks which come without packaging, and can be applied with a brush. But most other places do not seem to do make up minus the packing, so I think for anyone big on their makeup, it might be a difficult one to either give up or just accept that you will be wasting that plastic. It's a shame, but not much we can do unfortunately.

Plastic tags, i recently have bought some vegetables/ fruit from the supermarket or even from smaller shops, to find they have attached a completely plastic label, which in my mind is completely unnecessary. I realise it's probably to stop the paper from scrunching or falling apart in transit, but surely there's a better way to do it? Like wax paper or something? It's just annoying seeing a completely unpackaged item to then find this attached, it's ridiculous. Some stickers on fruit and veg are exactly the same too, and should be unnecessary too. Sometimes it's these little things, that seem to just add to the madness of the plastic soup that we seem to be swimming in!

Only a short one tonight i'm afraid.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment